§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
- In the following we provide information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data is any data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- Controller as defined under Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is (see our legal notice). You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com.
- When you contact us by e-mail or using a contact form, we will save the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and telephone number) so that we can answer your questions. We will delete the data that is collected in this context when it is no longer necessary to store it, or we restrict processing in the event of statutory retention requirements.
- When we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our website or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below of the particular processes. We will also indicate the specified criteria of the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
- You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
- Right of data access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
- You also have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority concerning the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you are only using the website for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we will collect the following data, which is necessary for technical reasons for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit.f GDPR ):
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred
- Website from which the request is coming
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using and which are used to transfer specific information to the place that creates the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or leave viruses on your computer. They are used to make the website as a whole more user-friendly and more effective.
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, their size and functionality are explained in the following:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
- b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a session ID, which are used to assign various requests from your browser can to the shared session. In this way your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a pre-determined period of time, which may vary by cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser any time.
- d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and e.g. refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
- f) The Flash cookies used are not tracked by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects save the required data regardless of the browser you are using and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be used, you must install the appropriate add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. The use of HTML5 storage objects may prevent you from using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you manually delete your cookies and the browser history regularly.
§4 Other functions and resources on our website
- In addition to the strictly informational use of our website, we also offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do so, you will usually need to provide additional personal data, which we will use to provide the respective service and which are subject to the aforementioned data processing principles.
- We may at times use an external service provider to process your data. These providers have been selected and hired by us with great care, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
- In addition, we may share your personal data with third parties when we have special offers, drawings, agreements or similar services that are offered in conjunction with partners. Additional information is provided when you provide your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
- When our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the implications of this in the description of the offer.
§5 Right to object or withdraw consent to process your data
- If you have consented to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this at any time. Such a withdrawal will impact the permissibility of processing your personal data once you have issued it to us.
- To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on a weighing of interests, you can object. This is the case in particular when the processing is not necessary in order to fulfil a contract with you, which is indicated in each case for the following description of functions. When exercising this right to object, we ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. Upon providing your justified objection, we will examine the circumstances and either cease or modify our processing of the data or we will explain to you our legitimate reasons for continuing processing.
- 3. You are of course entitled to object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can obtain information on your right to object to data collection for advertising purposes at the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.